The Studio Session
The 1PORTRAIT family studio session fee is €85 and runs for up to one hour (family is defined as two generations of the same family e.g. parents & children or grandparents & grandchildren).
Large groups/extended family groups, fine art maternity session & newborn portrait session fee is €125.
The session fee is due at the time of booking. The session fee covers the studio and photographers time only. Framed portraits are purchased separately.
We will use this time to photograph a variety of different setups based on your family dynamic and your personal requests.
CONTACT US TODAY to book your family portrait session.
Viewing & Ordering
After the shoot, we will schedule a follow on appointment for you to return to the studio at your convenience to view and select your portraits for framing. At this viewing you will be shown images from your portrait session on our large monitor. We are on hand to offer assistance and advice on creating your custom artwork for your home.
All our framing is custom made for each individual piece. Frames are solid wood and include the photographic print, which is mounted and professionally framed by hand. Framed wall portraits start from only €195. We also offer Gift Portraits in a slimline desktop frame at €125. All frames are on display at our studio.
What to wear
There are no rules about what you should wear for your portrait, but there are some guidelines you may wish to consider when planning your photographic session…
- Wear what you like and feel comfortable in!
- Choose either formal or casual clothing for the family members, e.g. try not to have one person in formal wear (for e.g. business suit) while all others are wearing casual style clothes
- Try to avoid high fashion; classic style clothing will not date as quickly
- If you would like a colour portrait try to think will the colours tone or clash? Strong colours can be very striking, whilst pastel colours work well on babies and small children
- For Black & White portraits, choose simple clothing and avoid strong patterns and big logos, especially corporate branding!
- If unsure, please bring along a second change of clothing
Young Children & Babies
Depending on the ages of babies/children being photographed, please choose a time when they will be well rested and in good form; you know when they are at their best. Please try and schedule the appointment outside of nap and meal times.
- Do bring along a favourite toy, musical instrument, costume etc
- Please feel free to bring along a favourite item of clothing, maybe a hat or a scarf or an item picked up on holidays? This may not be used in the main family shots but can be photographed for a fun shot and to have as a photographic memory
- Please don’t make a big fuss about the portrait session. The more relaxed about the whole thing you are, the better your children will be in the studio
- Please try and avoid directing the children during their shoot, for example 'smile' or 'don’t do that' etc. Our photographers have years of experience working with babies and children and are extremely patient. It can take a while for children to relax and this is anticipated, every child and every session is different
- Please don't bring along any sweets
Hair & Makeup
Your normal make-up is fine; prepare yourself for your portrait session as you would if getting dressed for a special occasion - hair and make-up as you like it. It is important that you feel relaxed and comfortable and enjoy the session!
Professional hair & make-up artists can be provided but advance booking is essential.
What are your opening hours?
1PORTRAIT Photography Studio is open from Monday to Saturday, 10am-6pm, by appointment only.
How do I make a booking?
Session bookings are strictly by appointment only. You can book your appointment by calling the studio on +353 1 493 9947. A booking fee is required to reserve your appointment. This fee covers the studio and photographers time only. Framed portraits are purchased separately.
Booking T&C's will be emailed to you once you have made your booking; please review this email. Please also refer to our cancellation policy below.
Where are you located?
1PORTRAIT Photography Studio is at 51 Knocklyon Road, Templeogue, Dublin 16
Free parking for customers is available at the studio.
How long does a photo session take? What kind of setups do you do?
At 1PORTRAIT, we schedule up to an hour for each portrait session. However, the time will be dependent on the number of people in the shoot and the different combinations required. Large groups may require booking a 2hr session, please ask when making your booking if you are unsure. On arrival, please do feel free to discuss with your photographer any ideas/set-ups that you would like to achieve during the session.
How do I make my selection?
At the end of your session a we will make a follow on appointment for you to return to the studio to view and select your portraits.
At this viewing you will be shown all of the images from your portrait session on our large monitor. We are on hand to offer assistance and advice on sizing, frame types etc. It is a good idea to have a think about what you would like before the viewing session. E.g. where the piece will be placed in your home, what size would look good on what wall etc.? Larger pieces have more impact.
Please try and attend this session without young children to allow your full concentration in choosing your selection of images.
When will I receive the final pieces?
Your framed wall portraits will be ready for collection between 4 to 6 weeks later.
Do you sell Gift Vouchers? 🎁
Yes. You can Buy Gift Vouchers Online Securely via PayPal or Credit Card or, direct from the studio by simply calling +353 1 493 9947.
Unless otherwise stated, all photography gift vouchers include a complimentary print. This is either a 7x5" copy print (value €60) or an 8x6" copy print (value €75) depending on the gift voucher purchased.
(The complimentary print is redeemable with the purchase of any framed wall portrait & is only available as a copy of this portrait. The complimentary print offer is valid for 3 months from date of purchase).
Gift vouchers can be posted directly to you or to the recipient; regular postage is free of charge.
Gift Vouchers are the perfect gift for:
- New babies
- Christmas/Kris Kindle
Do you provide Passport & Visa Photo Services
1PORTRAIT provide professional high quality photography and printing services in accordance with strict regulations and guidelines for International Passports, Visas and other ID Photos. Please click here for further details.
Strict cancellation/rescheduling policy of 48 hours applies. The booking fee, (paid at the time of making your booking or covered by your 1PORTRAIT Gift Voucher) is refundable or transferable only with 48 hours notice of cancellation.